Welcome Back UAG!
We look forward to a very special year with an amazing group of incoming freshmen, and our first graduating cohort to launch from our school to college and beyond!
Share your Summer
UAG students adventured near and far (Fiji! Texas! Mexico! and more) - send a pic for us to post wide about an amazing experience this summer.
- Silicon Harlem Apps Youth Leadership Academy Participants (Ernest Parrilla, Calston Warde, Daniel Young
- Triskeles Sustainability Program Interns Martha Hernandez and Brianna Rivera
- Hospital for Special Surgery Intern Oumy Badiane
- Faa Diallo at Exeter Summer in New Hampshire
- Our inspiring Freshmen GateAway Attendees and Ambassadors at Ramapo this year! Check our Facebook page for full album!
NYPL Literacy Leaders active this summer, and featured in news for ASPCA collaboration: Elizabeth Garcia, Nickesha Taylor, Nubia Damali, Tiyana McCoy, Sarahi Reyes
Upcoming at UAG
- Tue, Sep 9
- Graduating Senior Address: 9am in Aud
- Syracuse U @ UAG: Lunch in 627 (NEW! College Office)
- SLT Meeting: 5-6pm in 749
- Parent Assoc Mtg & Elections: 6:15-7:30pm in 710
- Thurs, Sep 11
- Amex BBBS Returning Student Mtg: Lunch in Library
- Tue, Sep 16
- UAG Club and Enrichment Fair: 2:45-5pm in Library
- Senior College Night: 6-8pm in Library
- Wed, Sep 17
- Back to School Mixer (all grades), 3-4:30pm in Cafeteria
- Family/Curriculum Night: 5-7pm on 7th Fl
Attend the Maker Faire for free with one of our partner organizations! Saturday and Sunday, Sep 20-21 - DON'T MISS! www.makerfaire.com. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12:45pm Doors Open
1:15pm Workshop Begins/2:00pm Break
3:30pm Presentations/3:50pm Wrap up
Pre-registration is required: click link!
CodeNow’s fall workshop is now open for applications! The NYC workshop will be held on Oct 4, 5, and 18 -apply today and learn how apps and games such as Twitter, Instagram, Angry Birds, and more are built! Our workshops provide a great opportunity for high school students in New York City to work with professional engineers from local tech companies. Through fun, individualized instruction, CodeNow students gain exposure to the Ruby programming language. The three days will introduce students to foundational concepts that they will use to create interactive projects. By the end of the workshop, students will have five games and apps under their belt! Apply today. The deadline is Friday September 12, 2014.
Teen Academy at the International Center for Photography: Fall Registration filling up fast! See website and link for scholarship application.
|Our first games are set for and we need a couple more energetic and dedicated players to join the Soccer and Volleyball Teams|
MNN Youth Media Classes: aspiring media makers to produce critical content in a rapidly changing media landscape. Access to editing labs, camera, and studio equipment to produce independent projects for broadcast on MNN’s Youth Channel. To apply for classes or to register for an upcoming info session click HERE.
Contact Keonna Hendrick, TRaC Program Manager, at email@example.com or 212-453-9485. Apply online.
Join us at Third Street from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 14 for a Community Open House. Third Street offers hundreds of courses in music and dance for people of all ages,interests and skill levels as well as opportunities to audition for performance ensembles. www.thirdstreetmusicschool.org
Fordham University Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP) scholars will receive academic enrichment in math and science in preparation for coursework; participate in college preparatory and career development courses; and travel to open houses as well as high school and college fairs in the tri-state area. The fall program will take place on Saturdays, 9:30AM - 12:30PM beginning late September through early December. All classes and activities will take place on the Fordham University campus at Lincoln Center. Applications outside Main Office or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NY Exploring Programs www.nyexploring.org