- To all the students who assisted with our Borough High School Admissions Fair at MLK 10/13-14!
- To Tyvel Brown for being accepted into Oppnet Prep!
- To Alex Lageer for volunteering with Stoked to Serve on Saturday!
- To members of our first Cooking Class at Food & Finance with Hospital for Special Surgery
- Dante Valentin for winning our first Early Bird Raffle last Thursday!
- Student Government Speech Reminder – all students must submit speeches to Perkins/Cooper to be approved before campaigning. Elections will be at the Core Values Ceremony!
- Locker Contract Reminders – both partners must bring in signed contracts before receiving lockers
Upcoming at UAG!
Wed 10/17: 10th Graders Take the PSAT!
Wed 10/17: Goldman Sachs 9th Grade Assembly!Wed 10/17: PSAL Girls Basketball Mtg: 4pm, Gym
Wed 10/17: UAG Parents Association Meeting, 6-7pm
Thurs 10/18: OppNet Prep Info Session (invitation only)
Tue 10/23: UAG School Leadership Team Meeting 5-6pm
Tue 10/23: UAG Admissions Open House 6-7pm
Thurs & Fri 10/25-26: Parent Teacher Conferences
Fri 10/26: Core Values Award Ceremony/Student Government ElectionsFri 10/26: Early Dismissal (Parent Teacher Conferences)
- Mon Oct 15: Deadline for Summer Scholarship Opportunity from Wishbone: UA Application - request fr Ms. Hogarty
- Mon Oct 15: Apply to attend FREE: Nov 17 TEDYouth Conference at Times Center 1-6pm. Or Apply to be a TEDx Youth Day Reporter and cover the weekend in the city!
- Mon Oct 15: Deadline for NYU Tisch Youth Imagemakers Photography Program
- Mon Oct 15: Deadline for Futures and Options Career Essentials Pre-Internship Program
- Wed Oct 17: Deadline for PAID INTERNSHIPS at Brooklyn Museum:
- Museum Apprentice Program: http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/education/teens/museum-apprentices.php
- Teen Night Planning Committee: http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/education/teens/teen_planning.php
- Fri Oct 19: 10th Annual College Fair at the American Museum of Natural History, 5:30-7:30pm
- Sat Oct 20: New Futuro Latin College Fair at Lehman College, 10am-6pm
- Oct 25: Deadline for registration: Girls Write Now College Informational Seminar Nov 3
- Oct 26: Deadline for registration: Youthbridge Leaders to Leaders Summit on Nov 17
- Sat Nov 10: 26th Annual Historically Black College and University Fair, 10:30am
- Dec 5: Deadline for Brooklyn Botanical Garden Apprentice Program
- Dec 10: Deadline for Baruch College Now Program for eligible sophomores
- Dec 15: SEO Scholars Application Deadline : 9th GRADE ONLY!
- High Five Tickets to the Arts for Teens: $5 for music, theatre, dance shows and more!!
- Need Working Papers? See Mrs. Jordan with your completed application in Room 754.
- Interested in trying out for a PSAL sport? Please complete these forms and bring to your gym teacher: Interscholastic Athletics Parental Consent Form, Interscholastic sports medical form