- Elizabeth Garcia, Kyle Tan and Kenesha Taylor: Pre-Internship Awardees for Sustainable Directions Internship via Triskeles
- ROTC Members Brenda Anaya, Bernard Cotaj, Pablo Cuellar, Alex Lageer, Ariel Martinez, Nickesha Taylor and Joseph Rodriguez in Memorial Day events in Greenpoint and Riverside Park
- Brenda Anaya for acceptance into the Christodora High School Leadership Training Program
- All UAG students for participating and asking great questions to our Career Day Panelists, and your future Internship Host Sites
This Week at UAG
- Tuesday, May 29, 3-5pm ELA Pre-Assessment: FOR ALL
- Thursday and Friday, May 31 & June 1, 3-4:30pm, Stoked at UAG
- Wed, May 30, 3-4: Programming Tutorial with Danny
- Fri, June 1: Technology Pathway Selection at UAG
- Sign up for UAG College Tours: Wave 2! Permission Slips outside the Main office for:
- NYU June 20 or 22, 10am-noon
- Baruch College June 20, 1-3pm
- NYU Polytechnic June 22, 9:30am-11am
- Columbia University June 22, 2-4pm
- UAG Founders Grant for Student Clubs 2012-13: Straight from the Parent Association! Apply Now!
- vibeSolo Theatre Summer Programming - FREE! Tryouts happening Wed 5/30 at Downtown Bklyn YMCA, and Mon 6/4 at ART/NY on 34th St: see flyer for details.
- New York State Science and Technology Entry Programs (STEP): Deadline June 1. The purpose of these programs affiliated with higher education institutions around New York State is to increase the number of historically underrepresented students prepared to enter college, and improve their participation rate in mathematics, science, technology, health related fields and the licensed professions. See directory of programs here: Roster of STEP Projects. Select applications in the main office.
- Hudson River Community Sailing - FREE! One week of sailing and leadership skill development on the Hudson River taught by engaging and experienced guides. Students learn the basics of sailing, nautical navigation and the NY harbor while enhancing their communication, teamwork and other important leadership skills. Students spend the majority of their day sailing a small sailboat in mixed aged groups of 4-5 youth. Students are grouped by skill level. No prior sailing, boating, or swimming experience required.With application/financial assistance form completed by June 1. Apps in main office. www.hudsonsailing.org/citysail.
- Paid Summer Internship at MissesDressy.com, located in Long Island City. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in assisting with social media, blogging and more!
- High 5: Pizza and a Movie Night : June 1, 2012, 5:00 – 8:00 PM. High 5's next Pizza and a Movie Night will take place at the Sony Wonderlab on Friday, June 1 @ 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 PM. Free pizza will be served! RSVP at email@example.com.
- Volunteer at Tech Conference June 19 & 20: Meet incredible people - complete your internshiphttp://nyc.stateofnow.
- Columbia University Summer Debate Institute. Deadline: June 30, 2012 | Program Dates: August 13 - 19, 2012 High school students and teachers who are interested in a free summer debate institute this summer at one of the nation's top universities, please complete and send the application! Click here for more information. Or contact Director Erik Fogel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 917-455-1079.