- Anthony Vera for graduating from the Citizens Committee for Children YouthAction Leadership Course
- UAG Martial Arts for competing in the Big Apple Brazilian Jiujitsu Tournament - Aboubacar Traore, Riadul Choudhury, Venitia Boyce, George Masabanda, Michael Honrado
- Danissa Santos for being accepted to Smack Mellon this summer
This week at UAG
- Mock Regents Monday-Wed, May 21-23, 2-5pm: If you are taking a Regents, you DO NOT WANT to miss this. Monday - Algebra/Geometry; Tuesday - Earth Science; Wednesday - Living Environment.
- Monday, May 21, 6:30-8pm, Chelsea Technical HS: NFTE Next Gen Tech Challenge Information Session
- Friday, May 25: Career Day at UAG! Dress to impress and get ready for a fun day!
- The Next Generation Tech Challenge is an exclusive summer/fall opportunity for students to experience the excitement of the New York Startup community and the values of entrepeneurialism with cash prizes, your own laptop and software for the duration of the program, and an opportunity to compete on the UAG Challenge Team. Limited eligibility and slots. Sign up for Info Session with Ms. Hogarty - Monday, May 21, 6:30-8pm at Chelsea Tech HS. If you are unable to make Info Session but are still interested let me know. Sponsored by the National Foundation for Teaching Entrepeneurship.
- DEADLINE EXTENDED for the Summer Youth Employment Program - May 25. Apply Now!
- Reach the World & Action Quest Sailing Program to British Virgin Islands
Deadline: May 25, 2012Reach the World, an organization that uses technology and travel to bring the world into the classroom, invites youth ages 13 and up to apply for a scholarship to participate in a summer sailing program with ActionQuest. Accepted youth take an all-expenses-paid, two-week journey to the British Virgin Islands, learning sailing, scuba diving, windsurfing, and waterskiing. Throughout the trip, youth also participate in a motivational program, LifeWorks, that teaches confidence, integrity, the value of hard work, and the importance of community. For Applications go to http://www.tfaforms.com/239923
- Community Healthcare Network’s Teens P.A.C.T. Community Healthcare Network’s Teens P.A.C.T. (Positive Actions and Choices for Teens) program is recruiting Peer Leaders between the ages of 14-21 for the 2012-13 school year. Peer Leaders, who are paid a competitive hourly salary, are entrusted with the task of giving the young people of New York City accurate sexual health informationand encouraging them to make healthy and responsible choices. After an 8-week summer training, Peer Leaders co-facilitate community workshops, plan and execute sustainable community action projects, develop public service announcements, conduct outreach, and organize special projects. The program is designed to help youth develop solid work experience and important interpersonal skills. For more information and for the peer leadership application, visit http://www.chnnyc.org/services/teen
- FUNAVERANO 2012: The first Spanish-language Audio Visual Narratives in the US - July 2-Aug 11. Courses on Documentary Narrative, TV Fiction, Film Scrip and Transmedia in Spanish. www.funave.net. firstname.lastname@example.org