- To our ROTC members for traveling to Washington, DC this weekend (4/26-29) for an amazing tour of landmarks and military milestones
- To the Mouse Squad for servicing UAG family computers as part of their tech support mission
- To all students who attended UAG College Tours to the New York Institute of Technology (4/23) and the School of Visual Arts (4/26) to learn about NYC higher education offerings
- UA Gateway is part of a campus community - show your full membership by participating in an initiative to beautify our campus together through Paint Club - this service opportunity is eligible for volunteer hours, and has a flexible schedule: Mon-Fri from 2:45-4:30pm, and Sat from 9am-4pm.
- Modern Martial Arts is offering a continued martial arts program from May through the summer at a special discount for UAG students - applications and information in the main office!
- Stoked to Serve is hosting a Community Service Event/Skate opportunity at McCarren Park in Williamsburg this Saturday, May 5 from 10am-2pm. Hand in permission slips by Thursday to Adam.
- Tue May 1, 6-8pm: NYS Area Health Education System is offering a college financing workshop on Tuesday May 1 at the Touro College of Pharmacy Auditorium, 230 West 124th St. (Btwn 7th & 8th Ave), Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 6:00pm – 8:00pm, Light snacks and refreshments will be provided! Please RSVP as soon as possible as space is limited and seats will be available on a first come first serve basis. Please RSVP by calling Katherine at 212.534.2432
- Fri May 11, 4:45-6:45 Brooklyn Museum Free Teen Night Open House. Beaux-Arts Court, 3rd Floor inspired by the Keith Haring: 1978-1982 exhibition Planned by teens, for teens, this event highlighting the exhibition Keith Haring: 1978–1982 will include live performances by teens and professionals, hands-on activities, and interactive workshops. For more information or to RSVP, call (718) 501-6588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5/1 Deadline: YMCA Summer Youth in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Mandatory Information Session Date: Monday, April 30th 5:30 - 7:30 PM The Greenpoint YMCA has announced the third summer of its YMCA Summer Youth in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (SYSTEM) Program. In collaboration with ExxonMobil, New York University Wallerstein Collaborative for Urban Environmental Education, and Broadway Stages, SYSTEM is a six-week program for high school youth focusing on environmental science, green technology, engineering, and community engagement. Youth work with community partners such as scientists, landscape designers, university faculty, environmental educators, historians, urban planners and elected officials; conduct hands-on science experiments and projects; and take educational trips throughout the city. Participants can earn up to $2,000. Mandatory information sessions are currently being held at the Greenpoint YMCA. Any interested students should RSVP to email@example.com with their name and the info session they would like to attend. Feel free to contact me with anymore questions! Flyer: http://urbanassembly.org/PDF/SYSTEM_2012info.pdf
- 5/1 Deadline: Willie Mae Rock Camp for Girls! Willie Mae Rock Camp for Girls is now accepting applications for its 2012 Summer Camp. This intensive six-day music and mentoring program is open to girls and trans youth ages 8-18 and includes instrument instruction, workshops, songwriting and band practice, live performances by visiting artists, and a culminating showcase concert by the participants. No musical experience is necessary. Participants may choose between a July session in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn or an August session in Midtown East, Manhattan. Reduced tuition is available for participants from low- and moderate-income households. The deadline for applications is May 1, 2012. Download the application:
- 5/4 Deadline: Columbia University Summer 2012 Internships. Program Dates: July 9 – August 10, 2012. In partnership with the local community, Columbia University is offering paid summer internships for local* high school students to gain real work experience before graduation. Previous work experience is a plus, but not required. Internships begin July 9, 2012 and end August 10, 2012. The deadline for application submissions is May 4, 2012. * Local is defined as the following zip codes: 10025, 10026, 10027, 10029, 10030, 10031, 10032, 10033, 10034, 10035, 10037, 10039, 10040, 10451, 10454, 10455, 10474. For more information, please contact Willie Bentley, Jr., Employment Operations Manager, at 212-851-7254 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See flyer: http://www.urbanassembly.org/PDF/Final_2012_Summer_HS_Internships_Flyer.pdf
- 5/11 Deadline: Youth Communication’s 33rd annual intensive summer-long writing workshop launches in July 2012 for New York residents, ages 15-20. No prior journalism experience is required, but youth must commit to a rigorous schedule. They receive one-on-one mentoring from a professional editor, write and revise memoir-style and reported stories, spend time ―on the street as a reporter, visit the New York Times office, and participate in the production of videos for Youth Communication’s websites. Youths’ stories will appear on Youth Communication’s magazines and websites; selected stories may also appear on the Huffington Post and in books. Application: http://youthcomm.org/PDF/YC-Summer2012-app-web.pdf
- 5/16 Deadline: TRISKELES SUSTAINABILITY INTERNSHIP - Final date for applications is 5/16 but hand in all application materials to Ms. Hogarty as soon as possible for review - VERY COMPETITIVE PROCESS!
High 5 Tickets to the Arts gives teens exclusive access to New York City’s thriving arts scene for just $5! Through the generosity of over 300 arts organizations in NYC, High 5 offers $5 tickets to events ranging from dance to music to theater and the visual arts—we've got a taste of everything for everyone! http://www.high5tix.org/