- To Ms. Jordan and the New York Road Runners Mighty Milers crew at UAG, including Dexter Manswell, Wilber Valencia, and Carlos Loaiza for launching Wednesday afternoon runs along the river
- To all UAG Parents and Families contributing food to the Cultural Potluck during Parent Teacher Conferences March 29 for a successful fundraiser
- To Apple Store Field Trip Participants on March 30 for gaining experience with both iPads and iMovie
- To Oumy Badiane and Alexa Canaii Barrow for participating in the Mar 31 Society of Women Engineers event at Columbia University, featuring workshops in tissue engineering, electrical engineering, engineer show-and-tells, and the admissions process at Columbia
- The UAG Newspaper Club seeks photographers and writers for meetings starting this Wednesday during lunch in 747. Learn about our online newspaper and contribute content!
- The Volunteer Club at UAG seeks to meet briefly at the beginning of lunch in Room 746 on Tuesday - find out the latest volunteer opportunities at UAG and more!
Events this week
- Wed April 4, 2-4pm: CTE Youth Advisory Council, New Community College
- Thurs April 5: ALL PARENT SURVEYS DUE IN!
- Fri April 6 - Mon, April 16: Spring Break at UAG - Break out the Barron's Regents Prep Books!
- Next week: Don't swim? Y Splash Week Coming Up: Registration is open at all YMCA branches for Y Splash Week, a free program 4/9-4/13 created to help people of all ages to learn basic swimming skills and water safety practices. Contact your local Y for details.
- Upcoming: Part II of III for the EVC Retrospective: Youth Perspectives on Epidemics Among Us, Tuesday, April 17, 3-5pm. Permission Slips in Main Office - Limited Space!
Urban Word's Spring Wordshop series is up! We're hosting 8 workshops this season - and they're all FREE! You may choose as many as you would like, at any of our 3 sites. Check out the Wordshops on the Urban Word website at www.urbanwordnyc.org and, when you've picked yours out, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your selection(s), first and last name, phone number, age, and e-mail address. Register now before space fills up!
Girls Write Now! Mentorship Deadline: May 15, 2012
Take the fierce words in your journal and turn them into stirring stories, poems, screenplays, songs, or graphic novels, with your very own mentor by your side! GIRLS WRITE NOW is a community of women brought together by our passion for writing. Each year we embark on an exploration of creative workshops, public readings, opportunities for publication, entry in national writing competitions, and more! Our seniors graduate with awards and scholarships, college ready and college bound. We've been to the White House twice in two years -- be here with us to see what happens next!
•A New York City girl who lives and goes to public high school in any of the five boroughs?
•Going to be in grade 9-12 for the 2012-13 school year?
•A native or non-native English speaker who possesses high intermediate English writing & speaking skills?
•Able to make a commitment to weekly in-person mentoring sessions, monthly Saturday workshops, and special events from September 2012 through June 2013?
•Passionate about writing in any genre, including poetry, fiction, journalism, playwriting, and memoir? If your answer is Yes, apply to Girls Right Now today! Find more information and the necessary application forms here: http://www.girlswritenow.org/gwn/join/mentees