Welcome Back UAG!
*Launching this Week: PAINT CLUB with Publicolor. Lunch Orientation on Wednesday 4/18 in the Library
Paint Club is an opportunity to dramatically change the look of our campus with students and volunteers working together on chosen days with afterschool and Saturday opportunities to paint - the lobby, the cafeteria, the hallways, the auditorium and MORE! Permission slips in the main office - don't miss the Orientation Meeting Wednesday 4/18 at lunch in the Library.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - Don't miss the 2nd installment of the EVC Retrospective at Lincoln Center from 2:15-5pm. ALL Permission Slips due by Tuesday 4/17 for the "Epidemics in our Lives" Program. This is a retrospective of short films created BY YOUTH, FOR YOUTH about issues that matter.
Wednesday, April 18, 4:30-6:30pm - FBI Explorers is hosting an Open House for students interested in learning more about this year-long program at 290 Broadway, 8th floor Conference Rooms (C to Chambers, at Duane St & Broadway). Ages 15-20 can participate as an Explorer. To attend Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Kristina Patillo at 212-384-8322. LIMITED NUMBER OF SLOTS!!! THEREFORE REGISTER EARLY. Note: Due to enhanced security restrictions, it is highly advised that attendees arrive promptly.
- SYEP Applications Available Now The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) applications are now available! SYEP is a seven-week program that will begin on Thursday, July 5th, 2012, and continue through Saturday, August 18, 2012. Participants earn $7.25 an hour and may work up to 25 hours a week. To be eligible you must be between the ages of 14 and 24. The deadline to apply is May 18, 2012. For more information on the SYEP program and to apply online, visit www.nyc.gov/dycd. If you have any questions, please contact 1 (800) 246-4646.
- AFS Faces of America Exchange Program - LAST CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS. This program provides grant and fundraising assistance for those who want to travel this summer outside the United States. Special application instructions apply - please contact Ms. Hogarty if you're interested.
- TRISKELES SUSTAINABILITY INTERNSHIP - Final date for applications is 5/16 but hand in all application materials to Ms. Hogarty as soon as possible for review - VERY COMPETITIVE PROCESS!
- Rubin Museum of Art Teen Labs: Teen Art Labs offer a free opportunity to discuss art critically, think creatively, work with professional artists and make art. Inspired by Rubin Museum of Art exhibitions, learn professional photography skills using digital SLR equipment while creating works of art based on one of the best collections of Himalayan art in the world. Teen Art Labs will meet on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2 – 5 pm, July 2-30, 2012. Apply for the July Teen Art Lab online at http://rmanyc.org/teens. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- NYC Wide Skateboard Contest: (Deadline: April 30) Are you an artist? Be a part of the 2nd annual High Bridge Community Fair, hosted by the High Bridge Library Council. This year's fair will coincide with the NYC Wide Skateboard Design Contest competition. The competition is open to middle and high school students. Artwork will be judged in different categories. Participating artists will be required to display their artwork outside the High Bridge library. All design submissions will be judged in different categories. Prizes include gift cards, $100 art supplies/gift certificate, and signed skateboard by a well known artist. Members of Black Ink Gallery in Harlem, Tuff City Tattoo Shop, and other Bronx visual artists are to judge the competition. The winners will be announced at 2pm on May 19th, during the highbridge fair. For more information contact Kathie Arseno at 347.271.0558, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for a flyer: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dycd/images/newsletter/artflyer.pdf
- ThinkQuest Competition (Deadline: April 25). Teams of one to six students can enter this contest sponsored by Oracle featuring three categories -- digital media, web application development, and ThinkQuest projects. Prizes include laptop computers, cash awards to schools, and trips to ThinkQuest Live 2012 in the San Francisco Bay Area. For more information, please visit http://www.thinkquest.org/competition/