- To the UAG Mouse Squad, including Oumy Badiane, Malik Shaw, Donald Jenkins, Alan Cuautle, Leonie Bonifacio and Riadul Choudhury for their first foray into the Neighborhood Tech Support part of their mission, assisting the Facing History School with laptop cart support, with Mr. Pryce.
- To Nathaniel Nieves (baseball) and Nickesha Taylor (track and field) for successful entry into PSAL sports at the Graphics Campus!
- To Alexa Canaii Barrow for joining the UAG team attending the Society of Women Engineers Event at Columbia University on Saturday, March 31, 2012!
Club News at UAGNew York Road Runners' Mighty Milers Club at UAG - meets Wednesdays, 2:45-4pm. Wear your sneakers and come ready to run - track your mileage - build your stamina! Sign up with Ms. Jordan in the Main Office. Looking for inspiration? http://www.nyrrfoundation.org/resources/high_school.asp
Volunteer Opportunities @ UAG
- Hartley House at 46th and 9th Avenues is looking for afterschool program volunteers! Applications in the main office.
- Thurs, Mar 29, 5:30-8pm Parent Teacher Conferences & UAG Cultural Potluck - We look forward to seeing parents AND students at the UAG Parent Teacher Conferences on Thursday evening, and invite you to donate food for the UAG Cultural Potluck - email email@example.com to donate a dish, dessert, or drinks!
- Fri, Mar 30, 9:30-noon iMovie Workshop at Apple Store Upper West Side: LAST CALL for participants in the iMovie Workshop at the Apple Store UWS on Friday, Mar 30. We depart from the school after second period, and students can leave from the Apple Store at the end of the Workshop (noon). This is an early dismissal day due to Parent Teacher Conferences - students will not be returning to the school unless they are meeting parents there for Conferencing. Permission slips in main office - DUE MAR 28.
- Sat, Mar 31, 1-3pm - PlayTech at the New School: Come play and engage with new games and interactive multimedia projects from students, faculty and our like-minded friends in the industry interested in sharing their work. Pizza served at 1pm! WHERE: Parsons The New School for Design - 2 West 13th Street between 5th & 6th, 10th floor lab. GETTING THERE: Check out this map! WHAT ELSE? Did you print and fill out the media release? You must bring a signed copy of this form to PlayTech with you!
- Sunday, April 1, 3-4:30pm - viBe Theatre at the Living Theatre, 21 Clinton St:
More Summer Opportunities
- The High School Leadership Development Program at Christodora: an intensive 11-day experience promoting self and community reliance while discovering existing leadership potential. Students will be challenged through workshops, team focused problem solving, and leadership applications - both on campus and during a students led, staff guided 4 night on the renowned Appalachian Trail and exciting nearby rivers. http://www.christodora-summer.org/high-school-leadership-program-aug-14---aug-24.html
- Are you 15 or older? YMCA is hiring Counselors-in-Training (CIT) positions now for the Summer 2012! Valuable training, including Red Cross and Emergency Training, leadership experience, plus a 500.00 stipend upon completion. Applications in main office for Flushing Y- reach out to your neighborhood Y for closer options.